Published on July 15, 2014 by Amy
The Shoshone and Bannock Agency was the successor to the Fort Bridger Agency and was established in 1870. Most of the Bannock moved to the Fort Hall Reservation in 1872. In 1878 some Northern Arapaho and a few Cheyenne moved onto the Wind River Reservation and came under the jurisdiction of this agency. In 1883, it became the Shoshone Agency, and in 1937, the name was changed to the Wind River Agency.
dna testing, dna ancestry testing, ancestry, genealogy, indian genealogy records, paternity testing, turquoise jewelry, native american jewelry
The records of the Shoshone and Bannock Agency are described under the Shoshone Agency and the Wind River Agency.