Love this article and want to save it to read again later? Add it to your favourites! To find all your favourite posts, check out My Favourites on the menu bar.
Hopi Prophecy Rock
The Hopi Prophecy warns others about consequences of their actions and provides details of signs of changes to come. An ancient Hopi prophecy states, “When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge”. This will be the Day of Purification. The picture is of an ancient Petroglyph on the Hopi Reservation in Oraibi, Arizona that describes the life path of the world.
dna testing, dna ancestry testing, ancestry, genealogy, indian genealogy records, paternity testing, turquoise jewelry, native american jewelry
Interpretation of the Hopi Prophecy Rock
The interpretation of the Hopi Prophecy Rock is as follows
- The large figure on the left of the Hopi Prophecy Rock symbolizes the Creator, or Great Spirit
- The Moon symbol of the Hopi Prophecy Rock symbolizes the Creator’s role as the protector and guardian of the earth
- The cross symbolized the earth’s forces, their origin and the manner in which they work
- The circle symbolized the cycle of the seasons and the cycle of life to death
- The four small human figures of the Hopi Prophecy Rock represent the past three worlds and the present fourth world
- The zig-zag symbol of the Hopi Prophecy Rock represents lightening. Lightening represents the punishment of humans from the Gods a sign of a terrible event
- The lightening symbol is believed to lead to the beginning of the Fifth World in the Hopi Prophecy rock
Hopi Prophecy – The Worlds of the Hopi
The Hopi cosmology beliefs are based on the present world and the past worlds and the Hopi Prophecy relate to these worlds. The Hopi believe in the eras of four worlds. The first three worlds were each destroyed until the people were led to the present world, the Fourth World. The end of the fourth World signals the start of the Fifth World according to the Hopi Prophecy
- The first world was destroyed by Fire. The first world was made by the Creator and the deities Sotuknang and Spider Woman taught the Hopi to revere the creator, but the Hopi forgot and the first world was destroyed by fire and the people who had remembered the Creator took refuge underground with the Ant People
- The second world was destroyed by Ice. The Second World was created for their emergence from the underworld, it was beautiful like the first world but in the Second World the animals no longer trusted the Hopi. The Hopi once again forgot the Creator and the world was frozen into solid ice and destroyed.
- The Third World was destroyed by floods
- The Hopi were guided by the deities and emerged from the underworld to the Fourth World, present day earth
- The end of the fourth World signals the start of the Fifth World according to the Hopi Prophecy